Teacher Appreciation Week
BEST GIFTS IDEAS :
Here are some great suggestions that will delight you child's teacher .
(1) Gifts do not need to be expensive . In fact one of the most appreciated gift from teachers are students handwritten notes or drawing (that can then be display on the classroom wall or on a bulletin board ) .
(2) A card with a handwritten note from the student .
After a gift from the heart , the next best thing to offer teachers are any kind of school supplies . Those can include the following :
(3) A gift card from your child's teacher favorite store or online shop to help them buy the supplies they actually need .
(4) Personalized notepads or sticky notes . Either one come very handy as teachers , just like us , write things down all the time . You can never have too many of them .
Here are some example of personalized notepads :
|Blue owl notepads blank or ruled|
|Felt Pens Notepads|
|More Owl Notepads|
(5) Classroom pencils with the teachers name and room number . Classroom pencils are known to constantly disappear ! That's a fact . Because they all look the same , students often inadvertently take them home . So one way to prevent that is to buy a bunch of pencils with the teacher's name and classroom number , so they become easily recognizable and everyone know they have to stay in the classroom, saving teachers money :)
|Example of Classroom Pencils|
(6) Personalized teacher pens . Teachers use pens a lot and can never have too many of them . So another idea is a couple of custom pens just like those ones .
|Personalized Teacher Pens|
MORE TEACHER GIFTS IDEAS ;
|Fun Teacher Laptop Stickers|
|Classroom Desk Mats|
|Tops for books and coffee lovers|
WORST TEACHER GIFTS ;
These ones are often the most popular on any online shops , but they are also the ones you want to avoid:
(1) Mugs :they have too many . Imagine if every single kid in the class would bring a mug....every single year...
(2) Candles :they get too many and some have fragrance that an educator might not really appreciate .
(3) Door signs : while you might find some really nice handmade ones , you may not have the same taste than the person you're trying to buy if for .
(4) Tote bags : while they are nice and very useful , again , they get too many of them . And they may not want one that say they are a ... teacher !!!
(5) A gift with your child's picture on it . You are very proud of your children (and you should be ) , but this is a great gift for family members , not for educators . I would say instead have a drawing from your child .
(6) Bar of soap or body lotion : they might seem tempting and perfect for a relaxation moment . However some teachers have allergies . It might as well be a little bit too personal.
(7) Things with apples on it . While an apple is a symbol for education , chances are teachers would likely prefer something with a floral pattern on it .
I hope you found this blogpost somehow useful . Remember , a gift doesn't have to be expensive , the best ones come from the heart .
ⓒArianeC Illustrations - All rights reserved
Disclaimer : The gifts shown in this post are items that I design and that are available in my online shop . But of course , you could find similar gifts in other stores .